Adjustment of Immigration Status: How Can You Get Help with the Process?

An immigrant in the United States can petition to modify their present immigration status through the Adjustment of Immigration Status process. This is also referred to as a Green Card application and implies you may be able to get a Green Card without traveling to your home country for visa processing.

Adjustment of status is most often utilized so an immigrant may become a lawful permanent resident (LPR). This can be done in several ways, including marrying a U.S. citizen, obtaining an employment-based visa, or obtaining political asylum. However, the most frequent method is to apply for permanent residency. To do so, you must fulfill specific eligibility conditions and provide the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with the documentation they require.

If you want to petition for adjustment of status, you should speak with an immigration lawyer first. Your immigration lawyer can help you understand the conditions for qualifying and assist you with completing your application. If necessary, they can also offer legal counsel and ensure that all the documentation is submitted accurately and on time.

What is the Process for Changing Your Immigration Status?

The process of changing one’s status involves multiple steps. The first step is to file your application with the USCIS. You have to prove that you satisfy the conditions for changing your status. USCIS will assess your application once it has been submitted. They may require further paperwork or an interview with you to decide if you are eligible to modify your status.

If USCIS finds that you are qualified for adjustment of status, you will get a visa packet that includes a Form I-797 Notice of Action that will outline the next steps in the process. You will bring this form when you go to your local U.S. embassy or consulate to have your fingerprints and photos taken as part of the screening procedure.

Following these steps, you may be invited to an interview with a U.S. official, who will finally decide your visa application. You will be given lawful permanent resident (LPR) status and an immigrant visa stamp in your passport if your application is approved.

How Long Does the Process Take?

How Long Does the Process Take? It’s vital to remember that you’re deemed lawfully present in the United States while waiting for your case’s ruling.

Tourzani & Long, LLC Can Help with the Process

If you desire to live and work in the United States, you’ll need the help of an experienced immigration lawyer. At Tourzani & Long, LLC, we are prepared to work extensively to help you achieve your goals. Our team has considerable experience in all aspects of immigration law, and we work hard to apply our knowledge on behalf of our clients. To book a consultation, call (201) 987-0036 today.

Tourzani & Long, LLC – we proudly service New Jersey and New York..