Applying for a Fiancé Visa: How Can an Immigration Lawyer Help?

Are you in a relationship with someone who is not a U.S. citizen and would like to be together in the United States? You may need to apply for a fiancé visa. This type of visa allows your partner to come to the U.S. so that the two of you can get married here.

Applying for a fiancé visa is relatively straightforward, but the many requirements and regulations can complicate it. In this post, we’ll look at how applying for a fiancé visa works and how an immigration lawyer can help.

Applying for a Fiancé Visa: The Process

When applying for a fiancé visa, the process can seem somewhat daunting. However, with the assistance of an immigration lawyer, it can be much easier to navigate.

A fiancé visa allows an immigrant fiancé of a U.S. citizen to enter the country for marriage. When your fiancé arrives in the U.S., they can marry a U.S. citizen and apply for a green card.

To apply, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • Your passport
  • Proof of your relationship with your partner
  • Evidence of your fiancé’s intent to marry you
  • A medical examination report
  • A police report (if applicable)

You will also have to complete an Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration form (Form I-129F). When you’ve completed all of your documentation, you’ll need to submit it to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

How Long Is the Process of Getting a Fiancé Visa?

Specific processing periods for fiancé visas vary depending on the country you are applying from and the particular requirements of that country’s visa process. The entire process can generally take between 6 and 12 months.

How an Immigration Lawyer Can Help

Skilled immigration lawyers can help you understand what’s involved in applying for a fiancé visa and provide guidance based on your circumstances. They can also help you compile all the necessary documentation and ensure that everything is in order before submitting your application. This can save you time and inconvenience later on. Furthermore, your immigration lawyer can also provide valuable advice on how best to present your case to USCIS. This can be extremely helpful in increasing your chances of obtaining approval from USCIS. You can also get advice on what steps to take if an unfortunate event occurs, for example, if your fiancé is denied entry into the United States or if your marriage doesn’t last.

Tourzani & Long, LLC Can Help You Apply for a Fiancé Visa

To get the best results, seek professional assistance from immigration experts when applying for a fiancé visa. At Tourzani & Long, LLC, we firmly believe in helping families succeed and remain united. Contact the experienced immigration attorneys at Tourzani Law Group, LLC  to discuss your application for a fiancé visa. Call us at (201) 987-0036 today to schedule a consultation.

Tourzani & Long, LLC – we proudly service New Jersey and New York.