What are Visas for Temporary Visitors, and Who Needs Them?

If you want to visit the United States for a short time, you may need a visa for temporary visitors. There are various visas available for people traveling to the U.S. for brief visits, and each one has its specific requirements.

Two Main Types of Visitor Visas

The most common visas for temporary visitors are the B-1 business visa and the B-2 tourist visa.

  • The B-1 business visa is designed for people traveling to the U.S. to engage in business activities. This includes attending meetings, negotiating contracts, or attending training courses. The B-1 visa is also appropriate for people who need to enter the U.S. to resolve a commercial dispute.
  • The B-2 tourist visa is designed for people traveling to the U.S. for leisure or tourism purposes. This includes sightseeing, visiting family or friends, or taking a holiday. The B-2 visa is also appropriate for people who need to enter the U.S. for medical treatment.

What is the Application Process for a Temporary Visitor Visa?

To apply for a temporary visitor visa, you will need to do the following:

  • Collect your documents. You will need to provide evidence of your identity, employment, and travel plans.
  • Complete the Form DS-160. This is the essential step in applying for a visa. The Form DS-160 is an online form that asks for general information about yourself and your trip to the United States. Be sure to answer all of the questions accurately and completely.
  • Pay the Visa Application Fee. You will need to pay a nonrefundable fee when you submit your application.
  • After you have applied, you will need to schedule an interview at your local embassy or consulate. During this interview, you will have to answer questions about your application and provide additional documentation.

Do You Need an Immigration Lawyer to Apply for a Visa for Temporary Visitors?

If you need a visa, it’s best to consult a professional immigration attorney. Here are just a few ways an immigration attorney can help you get a visa for temporary visitors:

  • An immigration attorney can help you determine what type of visa is best for your needs.
  • An immigration attorney can guide you through the application process and help ensure that everything is done correctly.
  • An immigration attorney can provide guidance and support throughout the visa application process.
  • An immigration attorney can represent you in front of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Contact Tourzani & Long, LLC for a Smooth Visa Application Process

If you’re looking to visit the United States for a temporary stay, don’t go it alone – reach out to an experienced immigration lawyer today from Tourzani & Long, LLC. At Tourzani & Long, LLC, we will help you navigate the application process and ensure everything is done right. You can contact us 24/7 at (201) 987-0036.

Tourzani & Long, LLC – we proudly service New Jersey and New York.