Everything can feel like a whirlwind when you’re facing the prospect of deportation. It’s critical to have an experienced immigration lawyer on your side during this time. Immigration law is complicated, and navigating the legal system without assistance can be highly challenging.
A qualified immigration attorney may make all the difference in the results of your case. But how can you pick the best immigration lawyer for your case? The following information can help you select the best immigration attorney for deportation defense.
- It’s critical to hire a lawyer who has dealt with deportation issues before. This is because attorneys with prior experience in this field will be more knowledgeable about the legal process and better defend you at your hearing.
- It is also essential to select an attorney with a positive reputation in the legal community. A respected lawyer will have a track record of success and be more likely to win your case.
- It is critical to communicate regularly with your attorney during a high-stakes situation, such as deportation procedures. Find out how frequently your lawyer will be available to answer your questions and resolve your issues.
Your Attorney’s Role
- Representing You in Court. One of an immigration attorney’s most significant responsibilities is representing you in court. An immigration lawyer will educate you on your legal privileges and represent you during the process.
- Providing Legal Advice. Throughout the deportation hearing process, an immigration attorney may give you legal advice and direction. They can help you better understand the many alternatives available to you.
- Evidence Gathering. An immigration attorney may be able to acquire evidence on your behalf to support your case in some situations. Birth certificates or proof of residency status may be included in the required documentation.
- If you disagree with the conclusion of your deportation proceedings, you may be able to appeal the judgment with the help of an immigration lawyer. They can advise you on the best course of action and assist you in preparing a solid appeal case.
- Safeguarding Your Rights. Attorneys are well-versed in the law and understand how to protect your rights throughout deportation procedures. They will advocate for you and contest any decisions made against your favor. They may also be able to negotiate with ICE agents or have your deportation case dropped entirely.
Contact Tourzani & Long, LLC for Representation
If your ability to remain in the United States is in jeopardy, you’ll need the help of a qualified immigration lawyer. At Tourzani & Long, LLC, we are prepared to put in the time and effort necessary to establish a sound and effective defense plan on your behalf. Tourzani & Long, LLC has considerable deportation defense expertise, and we fight hard to protect our clients from deportation’s catastrophic results. To book a consultation, call (201) 987-0036 today.
Tourzani & Long, LLC – we proudly service New Jersey and New York.