Should You Submit an Employment Authorization Document?

An Employment Authorization Document (EAD) establishes your legal right to work in the United States. It’s provided by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and verifies that you’ve completed all employment eligibility standards.

An immigration lawyer can help you to apply for an EAD and represent you if your application is denied.

Who Qualifies for an EAD?

People who are eligible for an EAD come from a variety of backgrounds. The following are some of the most common groups:

  • Spouses of L-1 visa holders. This enables you to work in the U. S. without needing a second visa application.
  • H-4 visa holders. You may be eligible for employment authorization if you have an H-4 visa.
  • Students on F-1 visas. This permits you to work while continuing your education in the U.S.

Advantages of Having an EAD

  • Work Freedom. If you hold an EAD, you can work in any available position for U.S citizens and lawful permanent residents. This way, you can choose employment that best matches your abilities.
  • Opportunity To Apply for Permanent Residency. It can help pave the route to becoming a lawful permanent resident. Foreign nationals with both an EAD and permanent residency have several options for obtaining work, traveling, and other things.

What is the Process for Submitting an Employment Authorization Document?

  • Step 1: Gather Needed Documents. Your passport, I-94 form, visa (if applicable), and proof of employment are all documents that may be required. Before starting the application, make sure you have these available.
  • Step 2: Fill out the Application Form. After you’ve acquired all of the necessary papers, you’ll need to fill out the application form online or by mail. Make sure you read all of the instructions thoroughly and accurately fill out all fields.
  • Step 3: Submit Your Application. Complete the application and send it to USCIS, together with all supporting papers, either online or by mail. USCIS will evaluate it and decide your eligibility for an EAD card.

How an Immigration Lawyer May Help with Your EAD

  • Filling out the Application. An immigration lawyer may help you ensure your application’s accuracy and completeness.
  • Gathering Supporting Paperwork. An immigration lawyer may help you gather your supporting documents and ensure that they match USCIS standards.
  • Assisting with Your Interview. If USCIS has requested an interview, an immigration attorney can help you prepare for any questions you may be asked.
  • Assisting You After You Get Your EAD. After you receive your EAD, an immigration lawyer may continue to help you by advising you on how to use it effectively and informing you of any limits that may apply.

Contact Tourzani Law Group, LLC For Information About Your EAD

The qualified immigration lawyers at Tourzani Law Group, LLC can help you through the steps to give you the best chance of having your EAD approved. Call Tourzani Law Group, LLC at (201) 987-0036 today to speak with us about your employment or immigration needs.

Tourzani & Long, LLC – we proudly service New Jersey and New York.